5 Amazing Ways to Harness Autumn Equinox To Create Truly Magical Holidays
When you think about fall season does it mean stress from all that you have to do for the upcoming months? What about all the money you will spend? How will you balance everything you need to accomplish with work, kids, shopping, holiday prepping, holiday parties, children’s school holiday shows? Can you keep yourself and your family healthy? So, stressed out that you can’t enjoy the yummy holiday treats as much as you would like?
What if I told you that going forward; this normally stressful time can actually be joyful, loving, peaceful, enjoyable, healthy and even have lower stress? I’m going to share a bit history of the Autumn Equinox and how it relates to you. Also, how you can use this time of year to your benefit to stay on track to make your holidays magickal.
What Is the Autumn Equinox?
It all starts right now, at least on the Northern Hemisphere. In Southern Hemisphere the Autumn Equinox is always in March, when we have our Spring Equinox. The Autumn Equinox, otherwise known as the first day of fall, is on September 23rd this year. Autumn Equinox is when the sun crosses the equator. The nights are now longer than our daylight hours. Since the beginning of time, people have followed the earths rotations for planting, harvesting and preparing for winter. They have 3 harvest times. The first harvest being on August 1st. Fall Equinox represents the 2nd Harvest. The 3rd harvest is on October 31st. Most crops are done harvesting by Halloween time, those are the pumpkin patches and winter squashes that help sustain the food source over the winter months.
Starting on the Fall Equinox, other things we will notice to shift is the weather will start to get a bit cooler. The pumpkin patches and corn mazes are ready for you to play in. The leaves start to change from green to red, orange and yellow. Unless you live in Florida or the islands, haha. Many of my followers live in Florida. For those of you who do, just because you don’t feel the weather change or see the fall colors just yet, doesn’t mean this doesn’t apply to you. Don’t worry, as soon as Labor Day is over, you will always have our retailers to thank for the reminder that Halloween is just around the corner. It is still something happening to everyone energetically in the Northern Hemisphere. Those followers that I have in the Southern Hemisphere, all of this will apply to you in March every year instead.
How Can You Use This Autumn Equinox To Create Magickal Holidays
Fall time also represents matters on a much deeper level. Just like you harvest your food, you also reap the benefits of the hard work you have put out there this year. It’s time to celebrate and be gracious for the wonderful things that did happen to you over this year. Some of you may have had a really hard year, especially with all the crazy planetary retrogrades we had over summer. These tips will help you harness the gifts of the Autumn Equinox so you can create magic in your life, not just during the holiday season.
- Be Grateful for your Harvest. Have you ever seen a child have extreme gratitude for the smallest little thing, like seeing a butterfly land on them? It can make your heart melt. Feel into that gratitude that children have for the little things. I bet you can come up with at least 3 amazing things that have happened in the last 9 months. Some of the really crappy things may have even turned out to be really awesome in the long run. Having gratitude really helps raise your vibration so more wonderful things come your way. The more gratitude you have towards every little thing, the more balanced, happy and joyful you become. Gratitude manifests itself in surprising ways. Don’t wait until Thanksgiving to be in gratitude
- Revisit your ways of holiday planning. The leaves are changing colors and so shall you. Make a list of what drives you insane about the holidays. What stresses you out the most? Vow to make shifts on these things this year. Even if it means saying NO more often so you get rest. If you aren’t feeling the joy in going to all these events, then why go? Find the ones that have value to you or your family. Choose wisely and make new traditions that seem more meaningful to your loved ones. By being balanced in your event planning, you will have more time and energy to enjoy the holidays. Make some fun fall crafts together, decorate the house. It is an old Celtic tradition to make potpourri. By using gifts from nature and adding essential oils to them and keeping by the fireplace. The warmth of the fire keeps the yummy smells going while the flowers aren’t blooming. Get your loved ones outside, bask in the cooler weather, enjoy a harvest festival. Go to a pumpkin patch, corn maze or a local farm.
- Boost Your Immune System. Boosting your immune system during the holidays. Taking extra Vitamin C or Elderberry syrup can help. Eat yummy fall season produce such as pumpkins, fall squashes, radicchio, broccoli, cauliflower, endives, mushrooms, garlic, ginger, pomegranate, pineapple, cherries, pears, key limes, and guava. When you eat according to the season, your body responds and helps to boost certain antibodies, knowing the cooler months are coming. I make immune boosting and detoxing herbal blends of organic tea or capsules. Some good blends to have during the holiday season is Spring Cleaning, Immune Strength and Breathe Clear. These are my top sellers during the holidays. https://springrayne.com/shop/
- Don’t you hate low budget surprises? Stress in general causes your body to deteriorate. When you get sick, you miss work. You have to use up your vacation time or not get paid at all depending on your job. Low money causes extra stress during the holidays and can wreak havoc on the body. If you don’t already budget for the holidays, do it now. The earlier you budget your money, the easier things will flow for you. Creating stress around money only manifests money problems. Stick to your budget. Knowing and trusting that you will have the perfect amount of money will help you gain more financial gains and exactly at the right times. This is one of the universal laws called manifestation. Be mindful of what you want and take steps to get and trust that it will work out for your highest and best.
- Be mindful of WHEN you are eating. Are you eating on the go? Are you under stress, or binging out at night? Knowing when to eat the right foods at the right times, will help you not gain weight during the holidays. Just the stress of the holidays can cause us to eat more. Especially when everywhere we turn there is a delectable treat. Also remember, that in the cooler months, your body often needs more fuel to keep it warm. By eating more protein and healthy fat the first couple meals of the day, will help sustain your energy longer so you aren’t binging at night. Then you can actually enjoy those holiday pleasures without the guilt.
Remember, having gratitude for all things, even if they are the crappy things will help lead you on the right path. Don’t overstress about all you have to do for the holidays. Plan it out carefully, say no when you need to, get rest, do lots of self care. Be smart and be positive, especially about your financial situation. Be mindful of when and what you are eating, but do so without the guilt. A bit of preplanning will help avoid the binging. Most of all, do FUN things, and enjoy yourselves and your family. These days go by so quickly and its hard to cherish them with busy lives.
If I can be of any help during this fall season to help you keep the balance. Please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Peace and Love to you all!